Here’s how we protect your data and respect your privacy.
Types of data we collect
- Contact details – Your name, address, telephone number, email address…
- Data that identifies you – Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version…
- Data on how you use Foxman Frames – Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions (data held by Google Analytics)…
- Children’s data – Our services are intended for use only by those who are 18 years of age or over. We do not target children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from any person under 16 years of age.
- We don’t collect any “sensitive data” about you (like racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health data, data about your sexual life or orientation, and offences or alleged offences) except when we have your specific consent, or when we have to to comply with the law.
How we use your data
Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. Here are the reasons for which we process your data:
- To keep Foxman Frames running – Managing your requests (like asking questions, submitting applications, arrival details to a project etc.), login and authentication, remembering your settings, processing payments, hosting and back-end infrastructure.
- To help us improve Foxman Frames – Testing features, interacting with feedback platforms and questionnaires, managing landing pages, heat mapping our site, traffic optimization and data analysis and research, including profiling and the use of machine learning and other techniques over your data and in some cases using third parties to do this.
- To give personalised customer support – Notifying you of any changes to our service, solving issues via live chat support, phone or email including any bug fixing.
- To send you marketing messages (but only if you tell us to) – Sending you emails and messages about new features, products and services, and content.
Your privacy choices and rights
You can choose not to provide us with personal data
If you choose to do this, you can continue to use the website and browse its pages, but we will not be able to process transactions without personal data.
You can turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings
Please note that our application form requires Cookies to work correctly and will not work if you disable your Cookies. If you prefer you can request a Word application form by email.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing and if third parties are involved. You can opt out from marketing by emailing us at email@example.com
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to access information we hold about you
This includes the right to ask us supplementary information about:
- the categories of data we’re processing
- the purposes of data processing
- the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
- how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
- your other rights regarding our use of your data
We will provide you with the information within one month of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We’ll tell you if we can’t meet your request for that reason.
You have the right to make us correct any inaccurate personal data about you
You can object to us using your data for profiling you or making automated decisions about you
We may use your data to determine whether we should let you know information that might be relevant to you (for example, tailoring emails to you based on your behaviour). Otherwise, the only circumstances in which we will do this is to provide our services to you.
You have the right to port your data to another service
We will give you a copy of your data in CSV or JSON so that you can provide it to another service. If you ask us and it is technically possible, we will directly transfer the data to the other service for you. We will not do so to the extent that this involves disclosing data about any other individual.
You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ by us
You can do this by asking us to erase any personal data we hold about you, if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for purposes of your use of our platform.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data
Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, either by calling their helpline or as directed on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
How secure is the data we collect?
We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
And please remember:
- You provide personal data at your own risk: unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure
- You are responsible of your username and password: keep them secret and safe!
- If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately on email@example.com
Third parties who process your data
Tech businesses often use third parties to help them host their application, communicate with customers, power their emails etc. We partner with third parties who we believe are the best in their field at what they do.
- We use only necessary cookies to run and improve the service
- You can turn off cookies but this will mean for example that we can’t recognise you in in-app messaging or we can’t resolve issues so efficiently
When and how we collect data
We collect data from people browsing our website, customers of Foxman Frames and people who use our services.
Data you give and what we collect
Your data is necessary to adequately and correctly process your application for any of our projects. As such when you apply, we need to know your full name, email address, physical address and date of birth. If a telephone interview is required we may also ask for your telephone/Skype number.
Know your rights
- Access information we hold on you
- Opt-out of marketing comms
- Be forgotten by us
- Complain about us
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
|Service provider||Data collected or shared||Purpose||Place of processing|
|Amazon Web Services, Inc.||
||This is a web hosting provider: we use it to store contracts and other data you generate by using the service securely in the cloud.||EU (or US if you ask us to)|
|Service provider||Data collected or shared||Purpose||Place of processing|
||GoogleAnalytics is a web analytics service: we use it to track your use of the service, and prepare reports on user activity.|
|Service provider||Key cookies||Purpose|